Monday, March 4, 2013

Back Again, For Now...


Well, here I am again, after months of not writing in my blog. You would have thought I’d have something to say, particularly during my summer holidays, where I didn’t have to work for six whole weeks. And yet, I didn’t manage it. I am a shameful blogger. In fact, I don’t think I can call myself that. I am an occasional wanabe blogger.

But I am here today, because I actually feel like it. Still don’t have much to say, but I’ll give it a go.


So, what's been going on?

I'm back at work, four days a week. Monday is my precious day off, with my darling boy, who is now going to kindergarden two and a half days a week. He has a half day on Mondays, but sometimes we just hang out at home. Soon enough he will be at school everyday.





I am enjoying work. I have a great job, and just recently got a payrise. You gotto love that. I just don't really know how to work four days a week, have a warm,welcoming,tidy and organised home, and find time for the laundry, exercise and time to myself. How is it possible????

I suppose you can get up an hour earlier than everyone else, couldn't you? Oh, that's right, I mostly do. I am usually up between 5 and 5.30, but I love to spend that time slowly drinking a cup of tea, catching up on the blogs I read, my emails and other internet stuff. I really should go for a walk on the beach, and I have been trying to incorporate that into my morning routine, but sometimes I just want to wake up slowly.

As for the house. I think I may have lost the ability to tidy and organise. I just feel less and less motivated to really tidy up properly. I usually just do the basic, bare minimum. Oh well, a bit of dust didn't ever kill anyone, did it?? I just don't like it when I can't find the stuff I need, particularly when I'm on the way out the door, trying to get to work on time.

We've built some stairs onto the deck which has really changed the way our house looks and feels. I have always wanted to access the garden from the deck, but I never realised how much of a difference it would make. Because we've made them quite wide, they take up rather a lot of space, but they make our deck feel open and bigger and the view seems bigger and better too. We love it. Michael worked as an apprentice to our lovely friend Ben who is great at all things building, and it was made in a matter of about four Sundays. Now we just need to finish the painting and then tidy up the scrap yard!

With so much emphasis on the building, my garden has suffered again at the hands of the sunny,dry summer we've had. I am looking forward to Autumn weather so I can spend more time in the garden.

I am starting to feel more like knitting and crafting too. I am not sure from where I will snatch the time, but I am sure I will somewhere.


Hopefully, I will be back again to write in the blog in the next six months...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie
    great to have you back! I always enjoy reading your blog - I don't know how you do it - I am struggling working only 1 nightshift a week! I guess we mamas just manage. sounds like you are doing a great job, especially as evidenced by that happy little face in your first picture! Wow! your little one is at kindy - Katie starts kindy next year and I know I will miss hanging out with her terribly - the end of a mothering at home era (boo hoo!)
    Take care and look forward to reading any future posts.
    Cheers
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete